Ultra-distance (100 Mile, 100K, and 50K) runners are welcome to use drop bags as follows:
- Drop bags must be labeled with your name, bib number, race distance and the aid station destination.
- Use large, legible print.
- Securely affix the label to the drop bag in an easily visible location.
- Omissions will prevent your bag from reaching the desired destination.
- Available drop bag aid station locations are:
- Dem Country Outlaw Idiots
- Savannah Corner
- Hard Up Ahead
- Deposit drop bags near the Start/Finish 45 minutes before the race start time. Bags should be left next to the corresponding aid station sign for delivery to the noted aid stations.
- Drop bags should be a waterproof bag or small box type container. Trash bags, heavy duty plastic bags, recycled grocery tote bags, gym bags, sport bags, small ice chests, Tupperware or Rubbermaid containers all work well. Generally paper bags or cardboard boxes are not good materials for drop bags.
Drop Bag Retrieval - Please remember to take your drop bags home.
We totally understand that everyone is tired and wants to head home after running. However, runners nor their crew are permitted to drive on the course to pick up their drop bags. 100K and 50K runners who want to grab their drop bags at the conclusion of his/her race can follow the crew map directions and drive the paved roads to the aid stations. Otherwise, after the last 100 mile runners leave the drop bag aid stations, the drop bags will be delivered to the start/finish area.